Monday, 20 September 2010

M113 for Vietnam Part 1

I decided it was time to make some transport for the US in Vietnam, so the M113 project began.

Here are some photos of the start of the project showing how I built up the hull shape with plasticard, the photo above shows the basic model with Parkfield figure to indicate the size of the model. The actual vehicle is not actually very tall, the top of the hull is 6ft from the ground, so not a bad fit if I say so myself.

I plan to make the hull in resin with the wheel assemblies and accessories in metal. The wheels are plastic rod cut down, the next stage is to fill the hollows with magic sculpt and impress the detail using a die I have made from magic sculpt. The next stage, if it works, will show the wheel detail done.

The model was designed to a scale of 1/55, a reasonable size to fit in with 28mm figures, the body is resting on the basic wheel assemblies at present to get some idea of how they will look together.

No comments: